Almost every year around this time I am reminded of the time my children and I survived a serious brush with carbon monoxide poisoning back in December of 1999. As a single mother and new homeowner, at the time I didn’t know the importance of annual chimney maintenance. When my son’s headaches started, I attributed it to the sinus problems that my daughter and I suffered with for so many years. But then we all started getting sick. Someone at work mentioned that it could be carbon monoxide poisoning. I went and bought a detector, plugged it in and within 20 minutes, the alarm started going off. I called the gas company. They came and shut off the gas and began checking things out. Turns out a couple of squirrels had gotten stuck in the chimney and died. Inspections were done, repairs were made, but most importantly, my children and I lived to see another day. I was overwhelmed with how God protected us and used my coworker to encourage me to buy the carbon monoxide detector. God’s love never fails. His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness. Shortly after that experience, God blessed me to write “Another Day, Another Chance.”
Another Day, Another Chance
Poetricia Publishing © 2014
About This Blog
This blog is inspired by my first book, A Time To Write: Inspirational Poetry for All Seasons. Thank you for visiting!